Facebook has altered the world as it garnered more than one billion users from all over the world and held its first IPO in the first part of 2012. Every month, the social media site has more than one billion active users. Every day, it has more than 600 million active users. You can say that Facebook users have already considered the website as more than just a social networking site.
But aside from enabling you to release and share your thoughts and emotions through the social media site, Facebook has actually changed many aspects in the lives of its users around the world in the following ways:
- It links you with more people who may benefit your personal life and job. This might be the main motivation why you find it hard to leave or ignore Facebook when through it you can talk with friends or see the updates of someone whom you look up to in your field of work. Despite what people say about the Internet making relationships seem impersonal, Facebook is actually creating and sustaining relationships within the website itself.
Professionally, Facebook is also used as a professional networking tool. It helps connect co-workers with one another.
- It advertises health-related crusades. Facebook already has an organ donation initiative, where you can put up your status on Timeline as an organ donor. It wouldn't be long before the social media site would become a huge contributor to matching kidney and bone marrow donors with the patients.
Facebook also launched an online support for the family members and friends of potentially suicidal users, who can be identified based on their Facebook posts and comments. Prevention support is offered.
- It is the biggest memory database on the web. With its more than a billion users who upload around 300 million photos daily and its acquisition of Instagram, Facebook has become a huge photos database online. It is even considered as an active genealogy for its users.
- It is a good promotional tool. Facebook might not work like Google ads, but it does contain a lot of ads. It even provides targeted ads that attract attention by featuring the users' friends. They are likely to believe and click on the ads if their friends recommend it or are a part of it.
- It is a good tracking tool. You can use Facebook to look for long lost relatives or friends. It's a good place to keep in touch with a lot of people.
- It entertains you with games. Aside from having fun while chatting with friends, you can also indulge your competitive spirit and play games with them. It could be Mafia Wars, where you band with friends to beat a gang leader or get through to a bank, or Candy Crush, where you compare scores with friends who also play the game.
You can do anything on Facebook! Take yesterday for example, I downloaded a Microsoft office product key, an Adobe cs serial number, and an Adobe Acrobat serial number. You can enjoy Facebook along with its more than a billion active users and be in a warm community. That way, you may also contribute to changing the world from your single Facebook account.